Presses & Equipment
The Dayton Printmakers Cooperative print facility is located on the second floor of a building which houses several other artist studio spaces, restrooms, a small kitchen, and a freight elevator. Entrance to the building and to the studio is secure and available to members with key access. A ramp to the freight elevator makes DPC wheelchair accessible. The heated and air conditioned (1025 square foot) space includes a wall of windows providing north light and is broken into two areas; one for screen printing and the other area for relief, lithography and intaglio printing.
- Rembrandt etching press, 24″ x 42″ — etching, engraving, monoprint and embossing.
- Charles Brand etching press, 18 x 36″ — etching, monoprint, relief printing with micrometer adjustments.
- Glen Alps etching press, 40″ x 66″ — motorized, etching, engraving, relief printing, large mono-printing, embossing, and collagraph printing.
- Vandercook proof press, 15″ x 25″– relief printing, type and book printing.
- Griffin lithographic press, 30″ x 48″ — plate and stone lithography.
- Parker lithographic press, 24″ x 36″ — plate and stone lithography.
- Screen printing vacuum table, 36″ x 48″
DPC provides tools, solvents, chemicals, inks, felt blankets, blotters, rollers and brayers,
and squeegees and screens up to 40″ along with the following:
- Metal & wood type for letterpress printing
- Metal shear for plate cutting, 37″ width
- Hotplate, 20″ x 30″
- Vented spray booth, 28″ width
- Vertical etching tank, 28″ width
- Drying rack, 36″ x 48″
- Exposure unit, 32″ x 42″
- Encaustic box, 16” x 22”
- Graining bench, 22” x 33”
- Library of 30 lithograph stones
- Flat files for storage
- Paper cutter
- Broad selection of printing inks
- Screen washout sink with power washer, 48″ x 48″ x 24″